Saturday 21 July 2012

You Have a Text Message


You never replied to my text message! Dude, did you even get my messages? Yaar banda kabhe sms ka reply bhi ker daita hai! Is something wrong with your phone? Kabhe time per reply naa kerna tum! Torr k phank do tum apna phone – This is what I get to hear on a regular basis from my friends.

I don’t quite understand what my problem is with text messages. Maybe I do not take them very seriously or maybe I just get too many messages and I go straight to the ones I think are more important thinking I’d look at other messages later and then I forget all about them. Or maybe I am always busy with one thing or the other to take some time out and reply to “oye kya karr rha hai abhe?” & “kya scene hai /scene awnn hai??!”

This habit of ignoring text messages is quite old and gets me in trouble at times but I never learn. I, very conveniently, ignore my dad’s text message reminding me to get home before curfew, my mom’s text asking me to get something from the store on my way back, my friends’ messages reminding me of paying their money back. It is not like I do not reply at all. It is just that I do not reply on time. I even had a breakup with my girlfriend because according to her I never replied – which I think is not true!! And then another past love interest asked me if I was trying to act cool by not replying on time? (as if I need to ‘act’ cool, haha =P)

So I have decided to put in more effort to reply back to people. And I am discovering it is not thaaat hard and I am also getting fewer complaints of not replying back or on time. Let’s see for how long I can continue this. =]

10 comments:

  1. Same story here.
    Although I've made a point now to read my Mom n my Dad's messages :p..
    Awesome were those days when Mama Baba used to believe in calling, not texting..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah. That's a smart move on your part.
      Shouldn't ignore parents. In fact you should always listen to them, like me.
      I'm such an angel. :P

      Delete
    2. I can sense the sarcasm :p

      Delete
  2. I do that too...
    Thank you for commenting on my blog!

    xxLiora
    lioraatsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had an interesting post. =]
      Totally loved your room.

      Delete
  3. Ok so I was reading that post and I kept on going, OMG that's me, that's me.
    My phone has a great deal of text messages that still need a reply.
    I like WhatsApp-ing or Kik-ing better. Texting is just not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      It is good to know there are more people like me out there. :P
      I just checked my phone and found out I have 3 missed calls and 14 unread messages.
      And I have an ancient phone that dose not connect to internet. -.-
      Still it serves the purpose ... most of the time. :P

      Delete
    2. I bet those 14 unread texts would also contain them forwarded shaggy jokes. I hate those forwarded texts your friends send you, mentally expecting a hilarious joke text in return.

      Such vainness. -__-

      Delete
    3. Hahah yeah a couple.
      I don't know if my friends have ever expected a hilarious text in return. Hell, i don't always text back to normal texts let alone send back funny messages.
      But every once in a while you do get a funny one that makes you go LOL and you cannot help but forward it to your friends.
      Like the "Faraz" ones. :D

      Delete