Monday 10 September 2012

Real Life Severus Snape!


Cannot believe it has been 2 weeks since the school started. It seems like I am still on vacation or something due to my extremely weird and partly messed up class schedule this semester. The only good thing about it is that I have only one 8 am class as opposed to 8 am classes throughout the week which had been the norm for the past 3 years. I have school on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. One would think what the hell am I complaining about, it is pretty pretty schedule. But I tend to get lazy with a day off almost every other day so getting into a momentum or routine so far has been a problem. And also a one day weekend is no fun at all. -.-

Anyway, this semester I have a teacher who can give Professor Snape form Harry Potter run for his money. This was first pointed out by my friend sitting next to me and I realized he was quite right. There is uncanny resemblance between the two. Both have greasy hair, both talk slowly in their drawling voices, both have a natural gift at keeping the class quiet without any effort, both are extremely rude, and if you look closely you would think they look the same as well. He started the class off by “interrogating” people about their backgrounds, knowledge of econometrics, different statistical models, and soft-wares. I was his first victim and he asked me about such econometric techniques that I had never ever heard of them. One by one other students were interrogated, with him running a constant commentary on how very limited our knowledge was in the field of econometrics. Don’t know what he was expecting from students who had taken a course in econometrics two semesters ago and were coming back to school after a month off. Anyhow, a friend of mine was sitting two rows ahead of me and soon it was to be her turn. Her eyes were about to pop out of their sockets, face was red from blushing, and was possibly perspiring as well. But luckily for her the class ended just before it was her turn. Later on while walking to the next class she told me that she knows exactly how poor Neville Longbottom felt in Snape’s presence. LOL

14 comments:

  1. Hey, hey, Snape turns out to be the nice guy at the end :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. True that. I hope he turn out to be a good guy as well. But one thing is for sure, he is going to make my life miserable. =/

      Delete
    2. Oh a true Snape will turn out to be good :D
      For now, you have all the rights to vent over the fact he's your teacher n plot against him xP

      Delete
    3. Hahaha. He give me the creeps. Stares at me while teaching like i am gonna blow myself up if he'll look away or something.

      Delete
  2. That wonderful moment (I mean that sarcastically) when you have a teacher similar to professor Snape! haha. But it is true that Snape does turn out to be a good guy.

    xxLiora
    lioraatsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I hope that gets to be the case this time round as well. So far I hate him and I think the feelings are mutual. =|

      Delete
  3. Haha! You lucky you! Coming across a character straight out of a novel (out of FREAKIN' HARRY POTTER - How good is that series), what more can you ask for?

    If there is a Snape, there has to be a Harry. I'm waiting to read about him. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It may sound good but being in his class is a torture. It would have been cooler if he were not my teacher and I met him randomly out in the street. Then I could have been like hey, guess what??! I saw Severus Snape walking down the street today! And that would have been that. Seeing him twice every week for 2 hours is too much. And off all the people from Harry Potter I get Snape for a teacher. Kind of an FML moment there.
      Also I don’t know if there is any Harry, but there sure is one Neville Longbottom there. :P

      Delete
    2. I can imagine your plight. But really, give him some time. Who knows you might turn out to be Harry and maybe there is a Lily in the equation somewhere too! (Real life does not coincide with reel/book life I know, but still)

      Harry took seven years to discover Snape's reality, you can give your Snape a few months, no?

      Delete
    3. I don't think I have much of choice there. Stuck with him for at least 4 months. :P

      Delete
  4. Erhmm, who's this Snape dude again? :P
    Ok well, I'm one of those people who extremely DESPISE Harry Potter. I dislike it so much, I can't even stand seeing Harry's face. :/ A few days before, I started thinking about giving it a read, just for the sake of it. But, well you know, the detestation never fails to sprout. -__- Whenever I go to a bookshop for buying it, every other book starts screaming, "Pick me! Pick me!" and that HP book silently sits there in its shelf giving me that furious look and saying, "Don't you even try to come near me."
    So whenever I'm sitting with a group of people and someone kicks off the discussion about any of those HP characters, I'm like "mmmmm" "hmmmm" "eh?" "huh?" "errr.." "ohh"
    and the one I started this comment with "erhmm"
    So yeah.
    I hope everything's going well between you & Mr. Snape though. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'VE MISSED OUT ON LIFE ITSELF :O

      Delete
    2. That's what EVERYONE tells me. :| But, idk I just don't want to read and/or watch HP! -_____-

      Delete
    3. You are a muggle!
      Maybe now you'll read it to figure out what i just said. :P
      I hope you do. Only then you'll realize what you were missing out on.

      Delete