Tuesday 18 September 2012

Is it the End of the World Yet?


I walk down a dark, cold, empty corridor. There is urgency in my walk. Something or someone is after me. I am not sure what I am doing in such a place but I have a feeling I have some business there. I reach the end of the corridor to find a locked door. I want to open that door. I feel with all my heart that the reason why I am in such a cold, dark place, being chased by an unknown thing or things lies beyond that door. I want that thing so bad. It is like a treasure to me. My pulse quickens, my breathing gets faster and I realize that my hands are sweating with excitement and fear as I feel my predator catching up to me. I try to break in but I can’t, the door is too strong. I can feel the predator getting closer. I search my pockets and find a paperclip inside. I set to pick the lock while looking over my shoulder for the predator. Suddenly there is an earthquake. The whole world starts to shake violently. I feel the death knocking at my door. I work faster on the lock. I have to get to that mysterious thing, before the world crumbles down to dust. There is music. I am not sure where that is coming from. I have succeeded in picking the lock. The earthquake has gotten stronger. The music has gotten louder. I am going to meet my end very soon. I have to move quickly; have to get that thing before I die. I kick at the door to open it. The music has become deafening now. I cannot take it anymore. I close my eyes and put fingers in my ears to block out the sound but it wouldn’t go away. I want it to stop but it just wouldn’t stop. I open my eyes again. It takes me a moment to realize where I am. I am in my room. The music is still there, though not that deafening and the earthquake has subsided to mere vibrations. I search my room for the source of music and vibrations to find my cell phone ringing and I realize it was all a dream.

I looked at the phone to see who this discourteous caller was who had woke me up early in the morning and denied me a treat of knowing and having what was beyond that door to find that it was my best friend. I picked up the phone, thinking this better be good, and said hello? and my friend replied “soo tou nahe raha tha? Yaar nastha hee keraa day please!

I am not sure what exactly my reply was, but I haven’t heard from him in three days (dil per lay gaya baat) ;)


P.S. This is from second week of July. Summer break had just started then. :) Found it among other things that do not find their way up here. Oh and I did not hear from him for 9 days. Kuch zayada he dil per lay gaya tha :P

14 comments:

  1. :D
    I SO know this feeling. People love calling me when I'm sleeping, mostly when I've just fallen asleep. And everytime that happens, I have to resist this deep urge to twist their necks and hang them on my door as a warning for future predators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA. Well after a few 'dil par bura lainay waalay' incidents I keep my cellphone on silent now when I go to sleep :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ek tou log dil per baat bari jaldi lay jaatay hain :P
      But smart move on your part. =]

      Delete
    2. Haina ? Haina ?
      N it's pretty useful :D

      Delete
  3. great blog u have right there mr ordinary guy.
    thanks for following and yes m following you back for more heartthrilling stories as u have mentioned in your introduction part . hehe
    keep blogging,
    much love,
    saharious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. That was a feeble attempt at humor. And thank you. Much appreciated. :)

      Delete
  4. Hahaha. OMG, Sleep paralysis check? :P
    Itni zaada dil pe lagaya bat? Itna zaada senti friend hain? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always switch the phone to silent, or don't pick up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing that ever since. =]
      But I miss all the calls now. Even the important ones. =/

      Delete
  6. That way i miss all my mom's calls. and she keeps thinking i do it on purpose. nice english. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. I bet she always assume the worst like you being kidnapped or something. :P

      Delete
    2. Yeah, oh God why mom's think always twisted ?

      Delete