Friday 26 October 2012

Time = Money. Dafuq?



They say time is money; I am only now, comprehending the true meaning behind this statement. When I was younger, I used to wish time was money because I had all the time in the world, to do all the things I wanted to do, but had no money. Now I have some money, granted it is not as much as I want (doesn’t even get close to it), I do not have the time to do stuff that I want to do. Don’t know whether I should be thankful that time is not money because if it were the case, I’d be living well below the poverty line.

The school for most part has been keeping me busy with all the assignments, quizzes, presentations, research, problem sets and exams. The midterm week ended yesterday and I realized for the first time how fast the time is actually moving and also that I am failing international economics. =X It is not like I don’t get the subject, I get it just fine. The problem is with the questions on the exams. I see the question paper and I think to myself: ooookay. Hmm. I think I know the answer …you’ve got this… but that is against the model… and not to mention stupid… Did we even study this in class? The fuck? The only good thing in all this is that I am not the only one who is having a hard time with international economics - a small consonance.

Anyhow, I’m happy that it is Bakra Eid this week which means a long weekend and God knows I need it. Right now, my only wish is that time slows down, even by just a little so that I can actually enjoy a bit of life.

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, i'm celebrate bakra eid sleeping. i need it too. worked too hard, for too long. so many nights without complete disstress. I have no holidays for bakra eid. infact today like tomorrow i've to attend lessons. but then two weeks for myself... waiting ...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress free nights are hard to come by.
      And that just sucks if you have school on Eid. I bet 2 weeks can't end sooner for you. :P

      Delete
    2. I think the time parameters are not tge same during holidays. As if clock's participating in olympic games running speed.

      At the end of these holidays i'll count days for december holidays :)) holidays makes me live. :)

      Delete
  2. holiday surely is a time out from everything..
    happy holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is. I feel slightly invigorated. But only just.
      And thank you. :)

      Delete
  3. Eid Mubarak! (That's how you say it, no?)

    Calm down! Keep calm aur apne kaam se rakho kaam. :D Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. This just made my day!
      And thank you. Eid Mubarak to you too.

      Delete
  4. I can so totally relate!
    There's the moment in class that you are perfect at it, the best and once you see it in the paper you go blank.
    A teacher once told me it's fear of the examination environment. Sadly she didn't provide a remedy! Good luck dealing with it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that just makes it worse! To know everything and even then perform below your standard. =/
      I got my result back today and surprisingly I got a B- on it. :D
      I know its not a grade to be happy about but still waaaaaaay better than an F!

      Delete
    2. Oh c'mon! It is still a grade to be happy about! After all you go through with the sudden blankness and all!

      Delete
  5. Belated Eid Greetings TOG (Read: The Ordinary Guy) :D

    And yes, i want the world to slow down. The time to slow down. even for a teensy weensy bit. I need to breathe!

    ReplyDelete