Monday 28 May 2012

Is it Real or Just Another Crush?



It has been three weeks since the school started and next week I will be sitting through my midterm exams. That’s the problem with accelerated courses. You cover a four and a half month course in two months. So that means all the more studying. 


Anyway, last week on Wednesday I woke up feeling particularly good. Usually I am always grouchy in the mornings. So, I didn't get out of the bed straight away and took a moment to think why I am feeling good this morning? I didn't have to grope around in the darkness for the answer as it came to me in matter of seconds. I was going to let my feelings known to my latest crush. As soon as I thought this my insides started to squirm, not from the morning bowel movement, but from thinking what the hell I was going to say? I had spent the last few days talking myself into letting her know how I feel but I had not given any thought to what I would actually say to her. With this thought in my head I started to get ready for school. It actually took me 10 minutes to decide upon a shirt alone (crazy right? I must be in love!) as opposed to 5 minutes that I take to get dressed fully. Finally, after making myself as much presentable as one possibly can without over doing it, I was out the door. 


I reached school just in time for my first class, parked my car at my usual place and rushed inside. Spent two hours listening to the teacher drown on and on about financial markets. I even tried to take notes and jot down important stuff for the first 20 minutes and then spent the rest of the time contemplating what I was going to say? Whether to go with the overused cheesy pick up lines or come up with something original? Original seemed a better choice cause after all who really likes cheesy stuff? And that’s when I discovered that how hard it actually is to come up with original pickup lines. Here are the few “semi-originals” that I came up with.


  1. Are you for real? I thought beauties like you existed only in my dreams!
  2. Your family probably does not need a microwave oven. Why? Cause you are so hot, things probably get warmed up on their own around you.
  3. This is a pick up line. Wanna get picked up?
  4. Be cool and say yes.
  5. Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my number, so call me, maybe? (lyrics from Carly Rae Jepsen song “Call Me Maybe”)

Really stupid, right? In fact they are absolutely pathetic. This is when I truly admired the art of pickup lines. And I thought that I should have bought that book called “Venusian Arts: How to Put Beautiful Women Under Your Spell” when I found it in the bookstore. Who knows what I would have learned from it. Totally going to buy it, it’s at the top of my list now. 


Anyway the class ended, I stepped out and decided to look for her. Finding people around campus is rather easy this time of the year. Mostly in summers, people are either in the library or the cafeteria, because of the air conditioning. I went to cafeteria first, one look around told me that she wasn't there so I decided to go to the library which is located on the other side of the campus. I walked on and on in the blistering sun and finally reached the library. Once inside, I looked around hopefully but was only disappointed. Decided to go back to the cafeteria once again thinking maybe I had missed her. Was back to the cafeteria, then back to library, and then back again to cafeteria with no luck. She must have been in a class or something. Likes to study, God bless her. =] 

So I gave up looking for her and decided to do something productive and get done with some homework which I had to turn-in in the next class. So I called a friend and begged him to do half of my assignment =P which after much persuasion he did. Completed my assignment right on time and went for the class. Reaching the classroom, I got to know that the class had been cancelled. Cursed my luck as I had put in hard work copying… I mean doing that assignment and also I had hit dead ends with my quest for the day. Now since the class had been cancelled, I had some free time at my hands. I thought why not try and look for her again. This time I decided to take help of a friend whose younger sister is friends with my crush. Why I had not asked her in first place was because I didn't want her to give me that “I know what you’re up to” look. I decided to act cool, so I casually asked her where I may be able to find her and she totally gave me that look with a sly smile. I am grateful she didn't say anything else to me. I got to know that the girl I had been looking for since morning was about to leave. My friend told me that “she is leaving, jaaoo jaldeee!” hearing this, I turned around ready to sprint towards the gates and I realized that I still had no idea what I was going to say to her. In that moment I decided that I will just wing it and I was off. I am a good sprinter but it felt like I was running in slow motion (telling you, its love). Reached the gates within a few minutes and looked around. Sadly there was no sign of her. She probably had left the school premises. I decided to call it a day, go home and catch up on some sleep. 


Since that day I am yet to catch a break with her. Still crushing hard. =D

4 comments:

  1. been almost a month now. Still crushing hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a suggestion. Instead of coming up with those cheesy pick up lines, you might wanna link her this blog post. I'm sure as hell she'd like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think it would work? O.o
    Besides not crushing that hard now :P
    Talked to her a couple times and got to know her more a bit more and then thought to myself: dude, what were you thinking?!

    an afterthought: She.is.HOT.
    so i just might send her a link. :P

    ReplyDelete