Tuesday 8 May 2012

The King of Procrastination


A week has passed since the start of summer semester. It feels like it has already been months since it started. Although the work load is not that much right now but I have a feeling that it would be in a week or two with quizzes and assignments lined up for next week.

Anyway, this is about the resolution that I make with myself during every final exams. Most recently I made it with myself like a month back during final exams of last semester. The resolution was “next semester sai paki parha shoru” and “agli bar her chapter sath sath parhu ga”. Now that a week has passed since the semester started, my resolution is put to test. We have already covered more than I had anticipated. So now I have a lot of studying to do. But I am still thinking along these lines “hey, it’s just the start of the semester. Plenty of time left to study, right?”
  
Honestly, deep down I know that I should be studying so at the end of semester I am not making such resolutions again or irritating God with my prayers which every time goes like this “ya Allah please iss bar izzat bacha lai”. Especially, since I do not have anything else to do than watch T.V (even the most boring show is far more fun than studying). The social life is almost nonexistent. And it is too hot for my liking to go out and play something with the guys from my neighborhood.

So really, what is stopping me from studying? It is me, myself and I – the king of procrastination. I am going to try and change that. Do not know if I will succeed or not (even right now when I’m penning this down my lazy heart is saying “dude, what the hell are you saying? Please don’t say that!”). Let’s see what comes out of my resolution this time.


Note: Okay so the power went before I could hit publish button. And now 12 hours later I am in bed with a slightly guilty heart. I ended up playing cricket all day long. But hey, you have to look after your health after all, right? =P
“abb bass kel sai pakki parhai shoru”

No comments:

Post a Comment